Attention Clients and Friends--EMAIL PROBLEMS

It was recently brought to my attention that I may be missing some email contacts submitted via my website. If you have emailed recently (or ever) and NOT heard back--I am so very sorry! I answer ALL of my inquiries, usually within the day! Please contact me at melaniejohnsonphoto@mac.com directly OR call me at 214.250.6891
Thanks!
Melanie

Now Booking for Spring!


Welcome green grass and sunshine! We are currently accepting appointments for Spring 2013!

I am usually booked 2 weeks in advance and weekends are a hot commodity, so be sure to give us a call to secure your spot!

As always, please contact me if you have a newborn--those little ones make their own schedules. Thanks everyone!

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Sydney and Sophie {Allen/ McKinney Child Photographer}

Happy Father's Day! I am scrambling to post this for Nikie so that daddy can see his beautiful girls for Father's Day! I have many blog postings to catch up on, but I hope you won't mind that we're out of order!

I photographed these darling sisters earlier this week and I just love how their mom truly customized their session. We were able to take both traditional-style portraits as well as document things that have recently impacted their lives. This was both fun and educational for me--and such a breath of fresh air to try something different!

Here are the girls--they are both just so sweet!
Nikie3

Sophie is wearing a traditional Korean Hanbok from her first birthday. Her mom described the celebration and it sounds really cool. I love how these images turned out--the wind and look on her face seems to fit with a sweet girl looking into her future! Here is a description of the tradition from Wikipedia:

Dol or doljanchi is a Korean tradition that celebrates the birthday of a one-year-old baby. This ceremony blesses the child with a prosperous future and has taken on great significance in Korea. The birthday babies wear a hanbok and a traditional hat; jobawi or gulle for baby girls and bokgeon or hogeon (호건) for baby boys.

The highlight of the dol is a ritual where the child is placed in front of a table of foods and objects such as string, books, brushes, ink and money. The child is then urged to pick up an object from the table, where it is believed the one selected will foretell the child's future. For example, if the child picks up a brush or book, he is destined to be a scholar. If he picks up money or rice, he will be wealthy; cakes or other food, a government official; a sword or bow, a military commander. If the child picks up the thread, it is believed he will live a long life. This is followed by feasting, singing and playing with the toddler. Most often, guests will present gifts of money, clothes, or gold rings to the parents for the child at this time.

Nikie1


And Sydney loves to dance, so to document this time in her life, she wore the costume from her most recent dance recital and showed me some of her moves!
Nikie2

No comments: